BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Opinion About Step Up 2: The Streets

I just watched Step Up 2 this evening and I felt like I wasn't satisfied at all. I felt like there was something that lacked in the movie and I think it was the dancing.

Compared to You Got Served, IMO, Step Up 2 is more of a Step Down than a Step Up if you get what I mean. Despite its title The Streets, I didn't really see some street dancing or should I say I didn't really feel the spirit of street dancing.

One thing that I noticed was the song that they used in the movie. It was kind of like it's not fit into the dancing that they were doing. The beats of the songs that were used wasn't really that "dance-able". Their movements were fast and I felt like the song didn't catch up to their movements. It was like they were dancing without any music at all.

The only thing that I liked in the movie was the last part. Where they were dancing in the rain. It was cool, but again, it was not that super cool. There was something the lacked in it and I can't pinpoint what it is exactly. But I enjoyed the last part. Oh! And the main girl character Andie, she's hot!


FACT: I bought the CD because I want to see Jabbawockeez in action but heck, their exposure was minimal. And their dance in the movie SUCKED! I didn't see any movements. It was like they were statues powered by remote controls. But I expected that since they were just special guests.


Among Step Up 2: The Streets vs. You Got Served vs. Take the Lead, I would choose Take The Lead first, then You Got Served, followed by Step Up 2: The Streets.

BUT ANDIE IS H-O-T!!!

0 comments: