BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 4, 2010

2009, A Roller Coaster Ride For Me

2009 has been a roller coaster ride for me. There were a lot of things that happened which is worth looking back. Let's start from the first month of the year. Read on...
(This is a very long post. I hope you won't get tired reading it.)


JANUARY

My 6th month being a bum. After resigning in a call center in 2008, I didn't apply for a job until January. For me, January is a month in which I can call the month of application. That whole month I tried applying to different online English tutorial (for Koreans) and I didn't have even a single bit of luck. So I was hopeless and stopped applying until late February.


FEBRUARY

Ah! The love month! Well, nothing much happened on that month. So let's move on.


MARCH

March is a very memorable month for me because that was my first time cosplaying in an event called TAGCOM which was held at Robinson's Place Manila. We were just costrippers at that time because we didn't bring a picture of the characters we cosplayed. I cosplayed Android 17 because his costume was very easy, although I had to run to Divisoria the day before the event to buy a couple of things; a plain black t-shirt, one yard of orange cloth (for 17's scarf), and blue semi-high cut Chucks. So here is one of my picture in that event.

Android 17 (Me) and Zero

Also, in that event, I first saw Alodia Gosiengfiao personally and Oh!, she was pretty! She's like a doll. I was like looking at her for a couple of minutes. We even tried to take some stolen shots of her which was a failure...not until she passed by infront of me! So here's my shot of her:



My stolen shot of Alodia. What a smile!
And lucky that I was, I even got a picture of Ashley, whom I just known at that event. I didn't even know that Alodia had a sister. Is she pretty? Of course she is! I asked her if I could take a picture of her but I won't post it here. LOL! Just wait for her picture below. XD

Still in March, I had my first cosplay catwalk in an event in PUP which was called PUP Pinoy A*ko. I cospalyed Android 17 again for the second time. I didn't won the event but that was fun eventhough there were only few people who attended that event. It was also memorable because the venue was so darn hot! We were like sweating like crazy! But it was still fun. ^_^


APRIL

Two memorable things happened to me in this month. First was I commissioned 10K from our company (just by typing legal documents ang scolded 1,000,000 times because of typos), and OZINE FEST, the biggest anime/manga event of the year! Let's talk about Ozine Fest. So there, as I have said, it's the biggest anime/manga event of the year, which was held at SM Megamall, and it was 3 days! On the first day of the event, I went there as, again, Android 17. I will never forget that event because it was my first time I joined a cosplay catwalk with such a humongous crowd. I was nervous before I went at the stage to pose but I overcame it. I just did what I have to, and that was to pose. Harhar! It was also fun because there were lots of people who took a picture of me. Some even called me, "Uy, Android 17, pa-picture!)" That was really fun! I also met a couple of new friends because of the cosplay catwalk.

Annie and I

After the first day, King and I had to sleep over at one of our friend's house. The next day, our group, SKM, had a group cosplay. We cosplayed Genei Ryodan. I was Hisoka at that time. I don't want to post a pic of me wearing Hisoka's costume because it was such an epic fail. So 2 months after the event. I sold my costume to Francis aka poklet13 (which was more suited for him). In the third day of the event, I was only a con-goer. I was still with my cosgroup at that time, taking pictures of cosplayers. :)


STILL IN APRIL (whew!) was another event called Shizen Orchestra. It was held at SMX Function Hall (beside SM MOA). This was the event in which I got a picture with Alodia and Ashley! Of course, I told my friend to take some photos of Ashley. When he came back, she had lots of Ashley pictures...AND ALODIA'S! Here are some sample shots!


Alodia and I

Ashley Gosiengfiao


Alodia and Ashley Gosiengfiao


Ashley and I


MAY

Nothing much happened in this month except that I went to apply for another company...and still didn't get in. ;(


JUNE

TOYCON! Nothing much happened at the event. I was just there as a con-goer. And again, still on the quest of finding a job...but then again didn't make it.


JULY

Agian, nothing much happened at this month. It's just the same as the month of JUNE, except that there were no conventions (or there is? I forgot). So let's move on.


AUGUST

My birthmonth! Also Manila Comic Convention was held at SM Megamall. I almost did not attend this convention because of my personal reasons...but I'm glad I did! I got to know my long-time crush (whom I was looking at in Ozine Fest Day 1. XD). She's nice! She's cool! So there. I won't say anymore. LOL!

This was also the month were my mom gave me her Nokia 6120 cellphone as a birthday present. I was so happy because I liked that phone so much! :D

I was still on my quest to find a job, but again, same old sh*t. Nothing happened. LOL!


SEPTEMBER

The month that many of the Filipinos will remember for all of their lives. But before we talk about that depressing event, let's talk about CosplayMania '09! This event was amazing! I went there as Feitan, a character from Hunter X Hunter, with my friend Francis, who cosplayed as Hisoka.




Again, I met a couple of friends at this event. Yey! Lots of friends!

Still in September, typhoon Ondoy struck Luzon and left an unforgettable mark in the history of the Philippines. Luckily, our village wasn't that much affected although it flooded outside the house. I have a blog about that so I won't put anymore of that here. :)

Oh, this was also the month that I got addicted to Kamen Rider Decade! And the rest is history!


OCTOBER

I didn't know that this month would be a blessing because at last, I got a job! I didn't really plan on teaching yet but as what Eminem said in his song Lose Yourself, "You better lose yourself the moment you own it...blah blah.. 'cause opportunity comes once in a life time YO!" So I tried applying. Lucky me, I got in!

A typical day... (III-A 12/10/09)

NOVEMBER

A month which was filled with big events, Anime Overload Festival, Mangaholix Mangamania, and Hero Nation. Two of the events, which was AOF and HN, I cosplayed Feitan again. In Hero Nation, we joined the cosplay group competition for the first time. Our skit was Kuroro's Fall, Hisoka's Triumph. We didn't win the event but that was quite an experience! It was fun. I also met a couple of new friends at those events. Happy! :D


DECEMBER

Oh, December, the last last! One of my happiest month of 2009! Also, there was the last convention for 2009 which was Christmas ToyCon. I went there as Moonlight Knight from Sailormoon Sailorstars. It was fun event. Some of the people there still recognized who I was cosplaying. T'was really fun!

Moonlight Knight

Also, our school had a club fair. It was my first time attending such event...AS A TEACHER! Also, as a club moderator, we had this booth called the Wedding Booth. That event was really fun. After manning the booth, I did a couple of magic for my students. Happy, happy, happy! :D

The newly weds!

III-E making their HUGE lantern!

What else? I got a bonus! Oh yeah! :D I ate a lot. So much that I felt like I got tired of eating! LOL!


So there you go! I would just like to say thank you for the friends whom I met this year.

Annie
Akira
Mia
Ashley
FJ
Marky
Derrel
Xheng
Tomomi
Ralph
Deej-man
Ralph Ichigo
Taki
Midori
Kuya Denggoy
Sheila
J-As people
Mayuko
Minami Kotaro (I forgot his name)
RB
Rommel

and many more! Sorry if I forgot to mention your name. Just comment here! LOL!

Whew! What a looooong post! :D

Anyway, I hope that 2010 for me will also be a blast! :D


(Time to make my visual aids for tomorrow! Oh! It's already 9 PM!) LOLZ!!!!


01/04/10
9:25 PM
via Multiply

0 comments: