BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Why "WHY?"

Hello there readers! I'm back! I suddenly got the urge to post another blog. Well, this is just nothing. But if you have a little time to spare, then you can read on.

Okay, so I had a discussion with my 3rd year students today. Our topic was about admission essay. I just noticed something about them. I suddenly thought that, "is this alarming?"

So what am I talking about here? It's all about the question "WHY?" Why?

I just noticed that everytime I ask them questions like "WHO?", "WHAT?", "WHERE?", and "WHEN?", they can answer immediately! However, if I ask them the question "WHY?", even the noisiest class would suddenly become silent.

What does this show? This shows that they are more inclined on answering factual questions that would require simple recall rather than answering questions that would really make their brains work! Did I find this alarming?

YES!

Of course it is a bit of alarming to me because they are just using the "knowledge" part of their brain. Yes they can recall facts very well but they cannot analyze things properly.

Well, I hope that I am wrong with this. I hope that they are just shy to recite.






Jhaymagician
Multiply
02/09/11

0 comments: