BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Spirit of Christmas

Before anything else, I would like to greet everyone Merry Christmas! :)

Christmas is just a couple of hours away but are we ready for the birth of our Lord?

To tell you honestly I don't even feel that tomorrow is Christmas. Maybe because I was used to the "Christmas Spirit" where most of the houses have a lot of Christmas decors outside. I don't know if it's just only in our neighborhood or if it's nationwide, but most of the houses that I came across doesn't even have Christmas lights.

I know that because of poverty and huge electric bills but not even a Christmas lantern?!

Then I suddenly thought about the real spirit of Christmas, the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

If you browse my blog. you'll see a blog entitled, "It's CHRISTmas, Not SANTAmas!", you'll see there how most of the people who are Catholic, awaits the arrival of SANTA than our savior Jesus Christ.

It's not that I hate Santa, and I'm neither a fan of him. I was just disappointed about how Christmas is about for some people. I may be washing my hands here because I haven't even gone to a mass starting Dec. 16. But still, I acknowledge and believe that Christmas is for our Lord Jesus Christ and not about Santa.

Anyway, I'll just watch a mass later on television and pray.

Again, Merry Christmas to all of you! :)

0 comments: